Monday, January 12, 2009

Chim Chim Cher-ee!

I love when I get a surprise for my eyes- the times when I am aware enough of my surroundings to take joy in the little things!

On a recent walk I thought I might have stepped into an imaginary, Mary Poppins-esque world! A sunny afternoon walk and who did I see? Bert! Well, at least it was a chimney sweep in full traditional garb. When I had a chimney sweep come to my house in Kalamazoo, he showed up in jeans and a sweatshirt with a Shop-Vac. But this German guy was the real article.

I did a search to find a suitable photo and laughed when I found this on the blog of an English-speaker living in Hamburg! The guy I saw was young but otherwise this was him, right down to the brass buttons! You just never know what you're going to see! Keep your eyes open!

No comments: